This is the story of my journey as I attempt to establish roots and do more than just "Live on the Surface".



Sunday, March 21, 2010

An understanding.

I am the mother of three.

I AM the mother of three.

I was born in Iowa Falls, IA. Most of my family still lives in the area but my father moved his family away when I was 8 and my sister was barely 3 months old. We moved to Edmond, Oklahoma while my dad chased the "oil boom" of the early 80's. We lived in Oklahoma for 4 years. We moved 5 times, each time meant a different school for me.

When I was 12 the oil boom was over (turns out we just missed it) we moved to Tucson, Arizona. We stayed there for 6 years. Even though we moved 4 times I was able to go to school with the same kids from Junior High through High School. Unfortunately, when I was 15 my parents got divorced and the foundation I had begun to build crumbled.

When I turned 18 my mother (who was the age I am now) decided that it was her turn. She left Tucson and went to New York City to follow her dream of being a flight attendent for American Airlines.

I moved to the city my father lived in and over the next 15+ years have carried on the nomadic tradition in which I had been raised. I moved from there to Memphis, TN back to Tucson, AZ and on to Phoneix, AZ and back to Memphis TN.

Along the way I collected a husband, a step daughter, a career, a few dogs and the purpose of this mission, my two year old twins.

Currently I reside Henderson, NV. We have been here for two years and recently realized we need more. We are indeed, just "living on the surface".

I tell you this not to bore you to tears but hopefully give you an understanding as to why all that I have and even as blessed as I am it is still not enough for me. I deserve more. My kids deserve more.

I AM THE MOTHER OF THREE.

4 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited to follow you on your journey! You are so brave and SUCH a wonderful person. You inspire us all....
    Keep it up Kyla - <3

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this blog. I was telling my husband the other night how jealous I am of you. I wish I had the balls to do what you are about to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl go! You are so lucky, can't wait to see what you post next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be great! You are great! Just keep repeating that to yourself. I promise it's true!!!

    ReplyDelete