This is the story of my journey as I attempt to establish roots and do more than just "Live on the Surface".



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Amazing how your perspective changes....

So, I was trying to decide what to blog about today and was having a really hard time.  I didn't like ANYTHING I was writing.  I feel emotionally spent and it is zapping my creativity.

See the thing is, I had a disagreement with a friend today.  Just some stupid girl stuff.  Stuff that 6 months ago wouldn't have made me blink an eye.  Today it had me blinking tears.  What is this wet stuff leaking from my eyes?

I really think that now that I don't have the corporate politics to wrap my self around it leaves room for other things.  More important things.  Like people.

So when a minor disagreement happens with someone you are personally connected with it seems SO much bigger.  So much more important.  You know what?  It is.  It always has been.  I have just been too busy or too above it all to realize. 

My friend Nikki's daughter says "Mom, you better recognize".  I have.

I guess the moral of my post today for everyone reading is no matter how busy you are or how much above things you are, take a step back.  Do a relationship check.  Are you comfortable with where they are?  If so be thankful.  If not, do something about it.  NOW.  Get off the computer and make a phone call.  Go give your kids, husband, mom or who ever a kiss.

For my friends who listened to me cry today, thank you.  Thank you for being there for me for the last three years.  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment