This is the story of my journey as I attempt to establish roots and do more than just "Live on the Surface".



Friday, September 24, 2010

Breakfast In Bed

Yes please.

Really, it doesn't even have to be in bed.  I just don't want to make it.  I would prefer not to clean up after it and actually it would be great if it wasn't consumed in my home.  Specifically, I want to go out to breakfast.

I don't even want a big breakfast.  I want 1/2 a muffin and some fruit. 

The monotony of fixing breakfast for the kids every morning is wearing on me.  It goes like this.

Rowan comes into our room and snuggles for a bit.  Everything is fine, dandy, lovely, cozy and then WHAMMO.  Rowan starts screaming for breakfast. 

Now here is were the fun starts.  Shortly after this happens, Sloane hears the ruckus and gets up screaming for breakfast too.  Mommy becomes a short order cook scrambling to get these two little leg leaches to shake loose so I can scramble their eggs.

I try to distract by throwing some dry Cheerios out there but alas that only lasts so long. 

So mommy scrambles, kids cry and daddy does his best to manage.  Finally breakfast is served.

They eat two bites.

Le sigh.

At least I get to hear "thank you momma".

Makes everything worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment