This is the story of my journey as I attempt to establish roots and do more than just "Live on the Surface".



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Discipline and how I suck at it.

Why could I manage a vendor, 2 locations, 800 employees, 12 million phone calls, 32 hotel contacts and 6 local employees but I cannot get my kids to listen to a GD thing I say?

I try.  I swear I do.  I have tried screaming.  I have tried redirecting.  I have tried ignoring.  I have tried bribing.  I have tried making expectations clear.  I give undivided attention when I can.  I get down at eye level and make eye contact keeping my voice clear and even without emotion.

What do I get in return?  Spit on.  Bit.  Hit.  Head butted and screamed at.

Most days are good but when the days are bad, they are REALLY bad.  Unfortunately we have had 3 bad days in a row.  Scratch that.  We have had 6 really bad episodes 3 days in a row.  Sunday was Rowan.  Monday was Sloane (twice both surrounding sleeping) and today was Rowan then Sloane.

I will say yesterday at nap was my fault.  I lost my temper and raised my voice and made Sloane cry.  Today though?  I changed my methods and REALLY did a good job.  It didn't matter. 

They crapped on my head and called it a Christmas present.  (I have no idea what that really means but it is the best I can do right now)

I am mentally exhausted.  Seriously.  Numb.

My mom comes for a visit tomorrow and I am mortified my children will continue to be possessed by the devil and she will see that maybe I am a better career woman than mentor for my children.

I did however make banana struesel muffins for her arrival hoping to keep her in a sugar coma and oblivious to their horns and little red tails.



Now I get to "shake it off" and try to get into a romantic frame of mind.

Valium anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to tell you I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sugar comma worked...not only were they delicious, but the kids were angels!

    ReplyDelete