This is the story of my journey as I attempt to establish roots and do more than just "Live on the Surface".



Sunday, September 5, 2010

Momma's tired....and some God stuff.

Oh my gosh am I tired.  Rough night.  Rowan woke us at 3am to tell us his toy snake was broken and he wouldn't go back down.  Neighbor thought tuning his guitar at 5am would be a great idea.  Needless to say, long day.

I have decided to dedicate Sunday's to my faith.  AJ and I are both firm believers that finding and joining a church is the first step to establishing yourself in a community.  We were both raised the church and want the children to grow up knowing God.

When we lived in Memphis AJ and I searched for years (literally) for a church that fit both of us.  You name it, we went there.  AJ found the churches I liked stuffy and I found the churches he liked uncomfortable.  Right before we left Memphis we found a church we thought we could join.  We liked the congregation, they had a married persons program, a good youth program for Kaia and it was a nice balance of old and new.  Everything was perfect except for the pastor.  Yeah, snoozeville. 

When we moved to Henderson the twins were only 2 months old and finding a church was put on the back burner.  Between my travels, the exhaustion of having twins and not a ton of options we decided to wait until they were older.

So now, they are older.  We are in a town we seriously see ourselves settling down in and want to start to grow those roots.  Unlike our search in Memphis though, it isn't just AJ and I schlepping to church spending a couple of hours and going to lunch.

The stakes are higher.  The kids won't sit through service.  We aren't crazy about them going in the nursery and they are a shade too young for bible school.  God bless em, they are two. 

We need to be very targeted about our search.  We don't want them to be subjected to church after church and no real home.

So dear reader, you can look forward to the misadventures of the Starks clan as we attempt to find a church that has a congregation with members our age (may be difficult to do in the area), services for the twins, marriage programs and a service that isn't boring but not too "touchy feely".

Good luck you say?  Thanks we need it.

Sunday's will never be the same.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment