This is the story of my journey as I attempt to establish roots and do more than just "Live on the Surface".



Friday, September 17, 2010

My mom is here

My posts will most likely be a little sporadic over the next week or so.  My mom is here and it is limiting my computer time.

I feel this unhealthy compulsion to be at the top of my game during her visit.  I want to make sure the house is spotless, the kids aren't in front of the TV and meals are prepared.

The funny thing is she really doesn't care.  She wouldn't judge me if any of those things happened or didn't.

I guess it is my need to show that leaving my career was worth it and resulted in more than me laying around eating Bonn bons.

Unfortunately she is stuck in the kids room and they have not been sleeping through the night.  Rowan wants to impress Grandma and is refusing to wear diapers at night.  So we are either getting up with him to pee or getting up with him to clean him up after he already peed.  The entire room smells like piss.

Mom says she is used to the waking up (my step dad) but I doubt he pisses on himself in the middle of the night.

The kids are so excited for her to be here and they won't give her a minutes rest.  They will be really sad when she goes home!

I will get some pics of her trip and post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment