This is the story of my journey as I attempt to establish roots and do more than just "Live on the Surface".



Thursday, September 2, 2010

Today reminded me how lucky I have it

Sloane, Rowan and I met our friends Tamlyn, Cooper and Colton at Bush Wildlife Sanctuary this morning.  None of us had ever been there but we heard good things and since number one it was free and number two we had nothing else to do we went.

If I can use a bit of Internet slang for a minute OMG was it fun.  It is a small sanctuary that takes in injured animals.  It releases everyone of them it can but the ones that are too domestic or disabled stay there for us to enjoy.

The kids had so much fun watching the deer eat breakfast, hearing the turkeys gobble, seeing "Digger" the tunneling owl and Sloane even got to touch a snake (Rowan wanted no part of it).  The kids got to see bobcats, panthers and bears up close and personal.  A docent was walking around the park with different animals to educate the kids and told us that their larger animals were actually confiscated from peoples homes were they were kept as domestic pets.  Ummm....yeah.  I can barely handle a dog.

So by 12:30 I convinced my kids that we HAD to leave (we had been there for 2.5 hours) and we got to meet daddy for lunch.  A TREAT!

I tell myself that I am taking the kids to these cool places to prepare them for school but I think I may learn more from it then they do.

This is the type of stuff I was missing out on.  I am SO lucky to be able to enjoy it now.  My goal is for every time I say "ugh, they are making me want to go back to work" I create 5 experiences where I can say "see if I was working I would have missed this".

Hold me to it people.

PS, we are smack dab in the middle of potty training.  I haven't stepped in poop for over a week.  Progress my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Experience 1) Fly to Fargo. Bake for BFF, Laura, and about to BFF, Crystal. Laugh and laugh and laugh. Feel sorry for those still slaving on behalf of The Man. Damn The Man.

    ReplyDelete