This is the story of my journey as I attempt to establish roots and do more than just "Live on the Surface".



Friday, October 1, 2010

Fighting instincts...

Guess what?  I am stressed.

I have always been a very private person (thus putting my entire life out into the world wide web) and have found that when I am in some sort of duress I withdraw, close myself off and pretty much crawl into my shell until I feel better.

That is ALL I want to do right now.  Every bone in my body is telling me to hide out in the house this weekend and just lay on the sofa and watch TV.

Reality though is I have two little people who are depending on me to show them a good time and make sure they are getting the socialization they need.

I dragged my way to a play date this morning at my friend Tamlyns house.  Tamlyn and I worked on planning our party for the toddlers and the toddlers spent the morning kicking the crap out of each other.  It was good to see them and take my mind off things for a little bit.

The rest of the day was uneventful with the exception that during our play date Tamlyn mentioned they were going down to the beach that evening and we decided to have a "Pizza Picnic" with our families and another family we know in the neighborhood.

It was probably the BEST Friday night I have had in a long time.  With a couple of fishing poles in the water, a couple of beers in hand, a gaggle of kids playing in the sand, Sloanie running bait to the boys, we watched the sun set.  We listened to the waves and smelled the fresh air.

Watching my children do something that most kids only get to do while on vacation reminded me why I am doing this.  Why I am here.

PS, Sloane is one cool ass chick.  She proved once again that Girls ROCK!  Our friends 8 year old showed her how to catch the bait fish in the bucket and she was the only one of the little kids to do it.  She ran bait all night until we ran out of fish to catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment